Monthly Archives: December 2014
Seaton Hall Basketball Scout Night
January 31st 12 noon
Seton Hall Pirates vs. Xavier Musketeers
Scout Day experience includes:
- Official Seton Hall Pirate Scout Day Badge
- Chance to participate in the players High-five Tunnel on the court (Top 2 Selling Packs)
$2 back to Patriots’ Path Council for EVERY Scout, Friend & Family ticket Sold!
Special Scout, Friend & Family Price: $29 per Ticket
DEADLINE TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKET: Wednesday, JANUARY 21, 2015
The Black River 2015 Cub Family Super Bowl A Thon will take place on Sunday, February 1, at Rockaway Lanes, 365 Route 46, Rockaway.
Join us for a few hours of family fun where all members of the family are welcome to bowl! There are three sessions to choose from. Registration is available via the district website calendar for February 1, 2015, www.br.ppbsa.org
You’ll be back home in plenty of time for the football game!
Looking for a great opportunity for your Cubs to earn Academic and Sports belt loops in one day? Come out and join the fun at the 2015 Black River Belt Loop Midway. Our annual event takes place on January 3, at the Eisenhower Middle School, 47 Eyland Avenue, Succasunna, 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM. There are twelve available courses to choose from. To register, click the link http://ppbsa.doubleknot.com/event/1639256
Registration deadline is December 30, 2014.
Registration is also available via the district website www.br.ppbsa.org.
Get your sleds ready for the 2015 Black River Klondike Derby competition! Registration is now open for the event. We will hold our annual winter competition once again at Trexler Scout Reservation in Effort, Pennsylvania, from Friday, January 23 through Sunday, January 25. Units from all districts are welcome to attend. Registration fee is $17 through January 9, $27 from January 10 through January 16 close date.
To register, please go to http://br.ppbsa.org/weswb01.htm and click on Klondike registration.
Check out the final packet.
Patriots’ Path Council and Northern New Jersey Council will be running a joint Wood Badge over two weekends in May and June 2015. Sign-ups are currently underway and the first deadline is rapidly approaching. Any individuals that are interested in taking Wood Badge will not want to miss the opportunity to sign-up before the end of the year. After January 1, 2015, the only way to pay is in full. Take advantage of early-bird pricing and a three method payment plan by registering before the end of the year. More information on Wood Badge and registration information is found on the course website: http://N5-358-15.org
- Early Bird– Register prior to January 1, 2015 for a reduced rate.
- Pay in Full– Pay in full for a discounted rate.
- Lottery Prizes– All registrations during the early bird period will be entered into a lottery for prizes including:
- First choice of critter
- Snack for the patrol
- Individual snack
- Gift Certificates– Know someone you would like to take Wood Badge? Help them by defraying the cost for to provide an extra incentive to participate. Denominations can be as low as $25 up to the full-course fee. If you would like to participate, please contact: Andrew Joiner via e-mail,email@example.com.
- Financial Assistance– Scholarships are generally limited to $100 or approximately 1/3 of the course cost in the belief that the balance is the responsibility of the individual and the community or unit who will directly benefit from your training. These scholarships are funded by a “silent auction” of Wood Badge & Scouting memorabilia and a portion of the proceeds from the annual Gilwell “Dining Out” Brunch in January hosted by the Northern New Jersey Council. Please see the application if interested.
In this two hour program, your cub scouts can earn all but two prerequisite requirements toward a Nova Awards Badge. The Science Everywhere workshop will teach them the basics of Science and Scientific research as well as earn them one Beltloop. This is a great opportunity for every cub scout to explore their interest in science as well as earn a really cool patch they will want to wear to every meeting! The event will take place at the Council Service Center on January 14th at 5:30 PM. The address for the service center is 1 Saddle Brook Road in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey. We look forward to your attendance at this event.?
- Pre requisite Requirements:
- Requirement 1 and 4.
- Requirements can be found at http://www.scouting.org/stem/Awards/CubScout.aspx
- Please print the STEM Science worksheet and bring it with you to the event.
- The worksheet can be found at http://www.stlbsa.org/programs/stem/Pages/STEM-Worksheets.aspx?.
- Please print the Cub Scout Tech PDF.
- If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event cost: $5 per scout! Please register at: http://ppbsa.doubleknot.com/event/1638072?
Please remember to record your community service hours online in order for them to count toward Journey to Excellence objectives for this year.
- Join us Saturday, January 31 from 10:00 am – 1:30 pm at Watchung Reservation
- Webelos get a chance to compete while practicing their outdoor skills!
- This is a fun activity to help get your Cubs ready for Boy Scouts.
- Please see the station guide for more information.
- Registration information coming soon.
- The WM Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner will be held on January 14, 2015 at Snuffy’s Pantagis Renaissance in Scotch Plains.
- A vote will take place for the 2015 Watchung Mountain District slate of officers conducted by the nominations committee as well as recognitions; The District Award of Merit and Unit Leader Award of Merit just to mention a few!
- Nominations are being accepted! If there is someone in your unit who you would like to honor for their exceptional service please let us know.
- Register here: http://ppbsa.doubleknot.com/event/watchung-mountain-district-2015-annual-meeting-and-recognition-dinner/1641199
- Find more information here.